Ski Holiday 2019 – Panorama, British Columbia, Canada
Our 2017 bi-annual ski holiday to Jay Peak was another great success. As a result, we would like to invite you to join us on our Easter 2019 trip back across the Atlantic. This time we are going to Panorama, near Calgary in Canada. This trip is open to pupils from all years, including Year 11’s who will have left school when we go, and gives you the chance to mix and socialise with others from different year groups whilst developing your skills doing a fun and challenging activity. From complete beginners to experts, all are welcome. This is an extremely popular trip as demonstrated by the number of boys who return year after year.
In Panorama, you will have daily small group ski or snowboarding lessons with an experienced and qualified instructor. Whether you ski or snowboard is up to you. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop new physical skills which will enhance your confidence and snow proficiency. Additional ski lessons at ‘Chill Factor’ will also be offered nearer the time for those that wish to get a head start.
Is this for me and where can I find out more?
If you’re unsure whether this is for you or not, read the Jay Peak 2017 report here for further insight into what to expect.
More information on the Panorama resort can be found at:
The ski tour company we travel with is ‘Visions in Education’. Here is their information about Panorama resort:
What’s included and for how much?
The total cost of the 8-day holiday will be £1,699* per pupil. This will include:
- Return transatlantic flight from Manchester by scheduled airline
- Coach transfer from the airport to and from Panorama
- Half- board accommodation (breakfast and evening meal) at the Pine Inn in Panorama
- 5 day ski pass
- 5 day hire of quality skis/snowboards, boots and poles
- 5 x 5 hour lessons (all ski/board lessons are accompanied and run by qualified instructors)
- Evening entertainment (outdoor heated pool, cinema, bowling, quiz nights etc.)
- Excursion day in Calgary (shopping opportunities and sight-seeing)
* A variety of different payment options are available including regular instalments payable over a 13 month period
I’m interested in going, what now?
If you’re up for the challenge and want to experience Canada whilst having lots of fun with friends, either:
- Bring your parent/Guardian along to the Ski Presentation Evening on Thursday 19th October to find out more details.
- See Mr Cookson (IT36) or Mr Battarbee (PE) for a letter or download it from below.
For other information and questions, speak to Mr Cookson (IT36), Mr Battarbee (PE), Mr Wells (MU23) or Ms Whitehead (M1)
|Initial payment (Deposit)||
Friday 27th October 2017
Friday 24th November 2017
Friday 16th February 2018
Friday 23rd March 2018
Friday 27th April 2018
Friday 25th May 2018
Friday 29th June 2018
Friday 20th July 2018
|Ninth Payment||Friday 28th September 2018||£150|
Friday 26th October 2018
Friday 23rd November 2018