KS3 Subject Examinations
4 – 15 June 2018
KS3 pupils will be sitting internal subject examinations between the 4th – 15th June. Subject teachers will ensure boys have recorded the details of when their exams are, in their planner, AND what they will be assessed on.
All Y9 pupils will sit their maths examination in the school hall on the 7th June. This will give them the full GCSE examination experience.
Prepare to Revise PowerPoint:
In forms pupils have been shown this PowerPoint on the importance of preparing for exams.
Useful Revision Sites:
Tips on How to Revise:
- Make sure you know which topics you need to revise for each subject. Use your exam board specifications as a revision list
- Make your revision active. Don’t just read notes. You could make flash cards, mind maps or use post it notes
- Watching videos online can really help to bring your notes alive!
- Test yourself by completing past papers or asking a friend to test you! This will identify areas of strength and weakness
- Build in rewards for your revision eg: your favourite snack or using social media
Day of the Exam:
- Bring the correct equipment for your exam.
- Enter and exit the exam room in silence.
- You must not talk during examinations.
- Ensure your mobile phone is turned off and left in your bag.