"Next Steps" Seminar Sessions
25 February 2016
This was another successful and interesting event for our students and parents. Year 10 boys were able to consider different further and higher educational routes as well as consequent career options and to meet some top academics in their field of study (professors, researchers, heads of faculty, course leaders and admissions directors from universities and local colleges).
A sample of the comments following the seminar sessions:
- “This helped me a lot and will be beneficial in deciding my university course and career.”
- “Really interesting and very good presenters.”
- “Very successful event, and gave my son lots to think about.”
- “The sessions we attended were really useful and enjoyable, and really opened our eyes to the future possibilities for the boys.”
- “Thank you for inviting us along again this evening. Both Charlotte and I enjoyed meeting your staff, students and parents.” (Claudia Conerney: Manchester Metropolitan University)
- “Some very interesting and perceptive questions from your students.” (David Howard: University of Salford). Professor Howard spent an extra half hour at the end of the sessions discussing Engineering courses and careers with enthusiastic students.