Mobile Phones and Other Mobile Devices
Guidance on the Use of Personal Mobile Devices
- School is NOT responsible for individuals’ personal Mobile devices being damaged, lost or stolen. Items are brought to school at the individuals’ own risk.
- All personal mobile devices should be switched off at all times and stored in the pupil's bag or Blazer pocket whilst on the school grounds or on a school organised activity off-site, except when explicit permission has been given by a member of staff.
- If a member of staff has given permission for the use of personal mobile devices, they MUST only be used as direct by the member of staff and their use MUST comply with the School's ICT Policies.
Sanctions for the Unauthorised use of Personal Mobile Devices
- Personal mobiles devices are not to be seen in use on the school site, unless they have been permitted for use by a member of staff.
- The sanction for unauthorised use of a mobile device is confiscation. It is at the member of staff's discretion whether the mobile device is returned at the end of the day or placed in the school safe overnight. Mobile devices placed in the school safe will require written permission from parents/carers for it to be returned.
- Repeat occurrences will result in the pupil being referred to their Head of Year and longer periods of confiscation.
The use of personal mobile devices is laid down in full in the School ICT Policies, copies of which are available below, the term mobile devices includes but is not limited to:
- Mobile phones (with or without a SIM card)
- Tablet devices (including iPods)
- Wearable Technology
- MP3/4 players
- Portable data drives (including pen drives and flash memory drives)